Mark A. Pierce, CFP®
CERTIFIED FINANCIAL PLANNER™ professional, Managing Principal, Investment Adviser Representative with Commonwealth Financial Network
Mark Pierce was raised in the Pacific Northwest and has been advising clients for more than 32 years. He specializes in wealth accumulation and retirement distribution planning, investment tax planning, risk management, and estate planning. In addition to offering traditional investment platforms, he provides fee-based financial planning and investment advisory services to individuals, charitable and family trusts, and retirees as an Investment Adviser Representative of Commonwealth Financial Network®.
Professional Designations, Licenses and Registrations:
- CERTIFIED FINANCIAL PLANNER™ (CFP®) professional
- FINRA Series 7 securities registration (General Securities Representative)
- FINRA Series 52 securities registration (Municipal Securities Representative)
- FINRA Series 63 securities registration (Uniform Securities Agent State Law Examination)
- FINRA Series 65 securities registration (Uniform Investment Advisors Law Examination)
- Insurance Licensed in Annuities, Life, Health, Disability, and Long-term Care
Professional Involvement and Recognitions:
- Member of the Financial Planning Association
- Member of the East King County Estate Planning Council
- Member of the Financial Services Institute
- Named a Five Star Wealth Manager* for multiple years in Seattle Magazine
- Securities and advisory services offered through COMMONWEALTH Financial Network, Member FINRA/SIPC, a Registered Investment Adviser
Born and raised in the Pacific Northwest, Mark graduated with honors from Stanford University with a degree in economics. He and Sue, his wife of 35 years, have three daughters, two son-in-laws, and two grandchildren. Long-time residents of Kenmore, Washington, Mark and his family are active in Vision House Charity and their church. He enjoys camping, fishing, mountain biking, and acoustic fingerstyle guitar when not thinking up new house projects and seeking the pleasure of yard work.
*Five Star Professional, as a third party research firm, identified pre-qualified award candidates based on industry data. FIVE STAR award recipients were nominated by either their broker/dealer or peers or were pre-qualified. They satisfied objective eligibility criteria associated with providing quality services to clients. The criteria includes: active credentialed financial professional for a minimum of 5 years, favorable regulatory and complaint history, fulfillment of firm's internal review, accepting new clients, one year and five year client retention rates, client assets administered, number of client households, education and professional designations. A favorable regulatory and complaint history is defined by Five Star Professional to mean that the wealth manager has not: been subject to a regulatory action that resulted in a license being suspended or revoked, or payment of a fine, had more than a total of three settled or pending customer complaints filed against them (excluding dismissed complaints) with any regulatory authority or through Five Star Professional's consumer complaint process, individually contributed to a financial settlement of a customer complaint, filed for personal bankruptcy, been convicted of a felony. No fee is paid to be included in the research or on the final list. The award is not indicative of the wealth managers' future performance. 1,678 Seattle wealth managers were considered for the award; 412 (25 percent of candidates) were named 2016 Five Star Wealth Managers (the criteria provided reflects the most recent year for which the advisor received the award. The criteria used, the number of wealth managers considered for the award, and the percentage of those who receive the award, may vary from year to year. For more information please visit www.fivestarprofessional.com.